1. If the starter does not rotate at all at ignition key turn in the situation START, first of all, make the following elementary checks:
a) Check level of a charge of the battery, and also a condition and reliability of fastening of wires on plugs of the battery and the traction relay of a starter;
b) Check a condition of wires of the battery (see. Section Check of a condition and replacement of wires of the battery). Defective components replace;
c) Check a battery condition (see. Section Check of a condition and battery replacement). In case of need replace it new;
d) Check a condition of electroconducting and terminal connections of a starter (see schemes of electric connections in Head Onboard electric equipment);
e) Check reliability of a tightening of bolts of fastening of a starter;
2. If the starter does not start to rotate at ignition key turn in the situation START, check serviceability of giving of a food of the battery on the traction relay at the switched-off ignition. On the plug of connection of a positive wire of the battery tension of the last should take place.
3. The voltmeter probe the plug S from the back party of the socket of the traction relay, э at key turn in the situation START on the plug tension should take place. This check confirms serviceability of giving of a food on a starter from the ignition switch. If tension is absent, check a condition of the corresponding fusible inserts in the assembly block in an impellent compartment of the car (see. Head Onboard electric equipment). In case of an exit of inserts out of operation it is necessary to find and eliminate the reason of a taking place overload. Also check the corresponding safety locks in the assembly block located in salon (see. Head Onboard electric equipment). If safety locks and fusible inserts as it should be, check a condition of the blocking relay of a starter and a chain of its electroconducting (see. Head Onboard electric equipment).
4. In the absence of signs of functioning of system of start check a condition of the sensor switch of permission of start/disconnection of a chain of a starter (see. Head Transmission or Coupling and power shafts). Make sure that the lever of the selector is established in the situation "R" or "N" / check completeness of squeezing of a pedal of coupling.
5. On the car equipped with the anticreeping alarm system check a chain and the module of management of system on existence of signs of short circuit or damage of components.
6. If tension on a starter moves regularly, however its activation does not occur, therefore, the traction relay (the probability of jamming of the engine is not excluded also - check, having turned it manually for a bolt of a pulley of a cranked shaft) failed.
7. Remove a starter from the engine (see. The section Removal and starter installation) also clamp assembly in a vice with the soft sponges, fixed on a strong workbench. A wire crossing point connect the negative plug (-) batteries to the assembly case. The second wire crossing point connect the positive plug of the battery to the plug “In +” a starter. Connect the switch of a starter and submit a food on the plug S of the traction relay (no more than for 10 seconds). Make sure that the plunzher of the traction relay is pushed forward, displacing as appropriate the lever of a drive and the obgonny coupling, and the put-forward leading gear wheel of a starter starts to rotate regularly. If the gear wheel is put forward, but does not rotate, therefore, the electromotor is faulty. If the plunzher is not nominated, despite a serviceable clicking of the relay, defect of any of assembly components can appear a cause of failure. On a serviceable starter the leading gear wheel when giving a food should be put forward and rotate.