1. Remember that violations of functioning of system of a charge far are not necessarily connected with failures of the generator. First of all always make the following elementary checks:
a) Check a condition of wires of the battery in places of their connection them to polar plugs of the last. Check reliability of fastening of terminal clips;
b) Check a battery condition (see. Section Check of a condition and battery replacement). In case of need make additional charge of the last, or replace it new;
c) Check a condition of electroconducting and electric connections of the generator and a tension regulator;
d) Check a condition and effort of a tension of a driving belt of the generator (see. Head of Control and routine maintenance). In case of need make replacement;
e) Check reliability of a tightening of bolts of fastening of the generator;
f) Start the engine and estimate intensity of a noise background published by the generator;
g) At the corresponding complete set, check a condition of fusible inserts in the assembly block in an impellent compartment of the car (see. Head Onboard electric equipment).Если any of inserts failed, make investigation and elimination of the reasons of an overload;
h) Check serviceability of functioning of a control lamp of a charge in an instrument guard of the engine. At the included ignition and the idle engine the lamp should burn. Otherwise check a chain condition on a site between the generator and a control lamp;
i) Check a condition of all safety locks which have been consistently included in a chain of system of a charge. Location of safety locks and fusible inserts can vary depending on year of release and a model complete set, however, designations remain identical. See schemes of electric connections at the end of Head Onboard electric equipment.
2. By means of the voltmeter measure tension given out by the battery to the nazadny party of the generator at the muffled engine and the disconnected consumers of the electric power (the heater fan, a radio receiver, the lighter, the fan of system of cooling, etc., etc.). The result of measurement should make about 12 In, or is slightly higher, if the engine worked within the last hour.
3. Start the engine and repeat check of target tension of the battery. This time the indication should make about 15 In (but not above).
4. Include head headlights, - tension should fall slightly, but is not lower than the value fixed during measurement, described in paragraph 2.
5. If tension of a charge exceeds 15 In refusal of a regulator of tension and the generator, therefore, takes place is subject to replacement (see. Section Removal and generator installation).
6. At excessively low voltage of a charge (less than 12 In) it is necessary to check serviceability of functioning of the generator (see further).
7. By means of the voltmeter probe the plug “In +” from the back party of the socket of the generator. The demanded indication makes 12 In at the switched-off ignition.
8. Include ignition (the engine do not start) and serially probe each of plugs. On the plug "S" tension in 12 In, on the plug "L" - (1.5 ÷ 2.0) In, on the plug “In +” - should take place 12 Century.
9. Start the engine, lift its turns to 2000 in a minute and repeat check. The following picture this time should take place: “S” and “In +” - (14.0 ÷ 14.7) In, “L” - (13.0 ÷ 14.0) Century.
Watch, that measuring electroconducting, hair and details of clothes did not get to contact to moving elements in an impellent compartment of the car!
10. At negative results described above checks estimate a condition of electroconducting of the corresponding chain. If defects of a plait take place, replace the generator.
11. In the presence of suspicions on development of currents of the leaks conducting to the category of the battery, address to the Section material Check of a condition and battery replacement.
12. At identification of the signs confirming existence of a current of leak start to take carefully one by one safety locks of the main onboard consumers of the electric power, such as a radio receiver, the heater fan, illumination of a luggage compartment, etc. Continue to take safety locks until the lamp sampler will go out, then check a condition of a chain of the corresponding consumer and make necessary regenerative repair. Repeat check of a condition of system of a charge.
13. If extraction of safety locks does not give any results, disconnect a target wire and other electroconducting from a back wall of the generator, - shutdown of a lamp sampler will testify to failure of the generator or a tension regulator, - replace assembly.